Chasing Cheerios

Friday, June 20, 2008

No Sew Tutus

Since O loves to play dress up, and she loves to dance my mom and I decided that we should make her a tutu. The original plan was to make it for her birthday, but then my mom decided that making tutus would be a great craft project to do at the beach for all 3 of our beach girls. To make the tutus you need 2 yards of tulle for each tutu and a stretchy headband. Cut the tulle into 3 inch wide strips that are about 20 inches long. Then just tie them (using a slip knot) onto the stretchy headband (my mom found the headbands at the dollar store in packs of 6). Mom and Aunt Linda did all of the cutting (thank goodness!), and I helped make O's tutu while they made the tutus for the other 2 girls. They also made flower and ribbon headbands using floral wire and tape, fake flowers, and ribbon. They made flower wands using floral wire, silver pipe cleaners, fake flowers, and ribbons. Total cost for 3 tutus, 3 flower wands, and 3 flower and ribbon head bands was about 20 dollars and a few hours of fun! The girls had a fantastic time dancing on the beach, and I know that O is going to love her tutu for a LONG time!

5 comments:

  1. ooohhhh so cute, do you think babyEbi would be up for one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he would be adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way I love the fairy princess outfit your mom made! She is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stole your idea today and I LOVE the way it turned out! I'm not very crafty, so for the wands I just bought these decorative sticks to put in a flower pots at Hobby Lobby for $.99 and tied fancy ribbon around for the wand. Thank you SO much! I now have super cheap, yet personl, 6 and under girl gifts to give from now on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tutu pics on the beach! Adorable outfit!!

    ReplyDelete